Sesame Seared Ahi Tuna with Avocado Puree
Ingredients for the Tuna:
1 T olive oil
2 T “Everything but the bagel seasoning” from Trader Joe’s or just regular sesame seeds
3 ahi tuna filets
1/2 cup soy beans for garnish (optional)
1/4 micro greens for garnish (optional)
Soy Sauce for dipping
1. Preheat skillet to medium high heat. Add the oil
2. Season tuna filets with “everything but the bagel” seasoning or sesame seeds.
3. Lay tuna filets down on the skillet and cook to desired done-ness (we went for medium rare so we cooked it for about 45 seconds on each side.
4. Let the tuna rest after it’s finished cooking. It can be eaten cold or warm.
5. Slice the tuna using a sharp knife.
For the Avocado puree:
1/4 cup coconut water/milk
1/4 cup cilantro
1 tsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Blend all the ingredients together until a smooth sauce is formed. If the blender is having trouble forming the ingredients into a sauce, then keep adding a little bit more coconut water/milk until consistency is reached.